This is the Privacy Notice of Merit Medical Systems, Inc, 1600 West Merit Parkway, South Jordan, UT 84095 (“we”, “us”), which sets out the basis on which we will collect and process your personal data.
We process the following personal data: name, email address, facility name, facility location, specialty and if voluntary provided in addition, phone number and position.
Your personal data will be collected and processed:
- for the purposes of sending you personalized newsletters;
- based on your consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation);
- until you withdraw your consent (which may be anytime, with effect for future processing) or object to a use of your personal data for marketing purposes (please use the below contact details to withdraw your consent or object to a use of your personal data).
To tailor the information we send you based on your choices and interests (identify and apply correlations) and to serve you better when you interact with us, we only rely on the information provided by you on this consent form.
To provide us your personal data is voluntary. However, we cannot send you personalized newsletters if you are not providing such personal data.
Your personal data will be processed for as long as you consent to it (longer retention periods may apply if required by law).
Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be notified to you by email. The new modified or amended version of the Privacy Notice will apply from the date it is sent to you.
Our data protection officer can be contacted at [email protected]
Pursuant to applicable data protection law you may have the following rights (which might be limited under the respective applicable national data protection law). To exercise your rights please contact us as stated above. In addition to the below rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority:
- Withdrawal of consent: If you have declared your consent for any personal data processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
- Right of access: You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data. The access right includes – inter alia – information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such personal data.
- Right to restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your personal data. In this case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
Right to object: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data. You may have the same right with regard to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, respectively to the processing, including profiling to the extent that same is related to such direct marketing.