What is HeRO® Graft?
The HeRO Graft is a hemodialysis access graft for patients who are catheter-dependent or approaching catheter-dependency due to the blockage of veins leading to the heart.
Compared to catheters, the HeRO Graft has:
- 69% fewer infections1
- No uncomfortable tubes outside the body
- Improved dialysis clearance of toxins and fluids1
- Less than half the interventions to keep access functioning1
How does the HeRO Graft work?
HeRO Graft bypasses the blockage in veins and is made of two pieces:
- A reinforced tube that bypasses blockage in veins.
- A dialysis graft that is sewn to an artery and accessed.
What does HeRO Graft look like after it is implanted?
The HeRO Graft is implanted completely under the skin (see image to the right) and is accessed like a standard graft.
Is HeRO Graft for you?
The HeRO Graft may be right for you if you are:
- Failing your fistula or graft