Thrombectomy of HeRO Graft with Dr. John R. Ross
Watch Dr. John R. Ross perform a thrombectomy procedure of the HeRO Graft.
- Introduce a 7F short vascular sheath near the arterial anastomosis
- Inflate a soft, compliant, embolectomy balloon at the radiopaque marker band of the 5mm outflow component. DO NOTadvance the balloon beyond the radiopaque marker band to avoid dislodgment of the Venous Outflow Component.
- Pull balloon back to device connector. Apply positive aspiration while deflating the balloon by approximately 10%. Failure to deflate the balloon may result in balloon perforation as the catheter passes through the HeRO Graft titanium connector.
- Pull balloon through the connector and reinflate within the 6mm graft.
- Extract clot at the introducer site.
- Declot the full length of HeRO Graft prior to removing the arterial plug to decrease risk of pulmonary embolism.
Contact Customer Service at 800-356-3748 with device-related or technical questions and tell us about your experience by using our Contact Us form.