Features & Benefits
THE PRELUDE FAMILY OF SHEATH INTRODUCERS
A comprehensive product line offering excellent transitions, smooth insertion,
custom kit configurations and more to meet your clinical needs.
PRELUDE ® SHEATH INTRODUCERS
The Prelude PSI sheath introducers are made from polyethylene tubing that offers kink resistance during insertion and use.
PRELUDEPRO ® SHEATH INTRODUCERS
Polypropylene (PRO) sheath tubing offers increased resilience and additional support during procedure.
PRELUDEACT ® ACT SHEATH INTRODUCERS
The Prelude ACT (Activated Clotting Time) sheaths allow easy blood draw from the side arm – with or without a catheter in place. These half size sheaths are made from polypropylene tubing and have the same great properties as the other Prelude sheaths.
Large Inner Diameter Sheath Tubing
- Kink resistant, flexible and radiopaque.
- Facilitates pressure readings, flush and aspirations.
PRELUDE ® MARKER TIP SHEATH INTRODUCERS
Highly radiopaque marker provides increased visibility of the sheath tip when using fluoroscopy
PRELUDE ® RADIAL (MINI ACCESS) SHEATH INTRODUCERS
- Facilitates sheath placement using a small needle (21G or 20G) and small guide wire (0.018”/0.46mm or 0.025”/0.64mm).
- Product is packaged with needle, guide wire, sheath and dilator.
- Excellent for radial, brachial and femoral use.
- Facilitates smooth entry into patient and vessel.
- Resists kinking during insertion.
- Dilators are available with 0.018” (0.46mm) and 0.025” (0.64mm) tip tapers.
PRELUDE SHEATH INTRODUCERS WITH MERIT ADVANCE® ANGIOGRAPHIC NEEDLE
Provides access needle with sheath introducer, dilator and guide wire.
MERIT ADVANCE® ANGIOGRAPHIC NEEDLE
- Unique hub design with ergonomic feel and reference point to orient bevel.
- Bevel design with improved sharpness facilitates entry into tissue and vessel walls.
PRELUDE ® SHORT SHEATH INTRODUCERS
- Provides access to dialysis fistulas and grafts.
- Can be used for declot, angioplasty, and thrombolysis procedures.
- Can also be used for temporary hemodialysis; will accommodate flow rates up to 600mL/min.
Radiopaque Marker Tip
Improves visibility of sheath tip to clearly and easily identify where sheath is within fistula, graft or vessel.
Excellent Tip Transitions
Facilitates smooth insertion, even through tough skin or grafts.
Large Bore Stopcocks
Allows for increased aspiration, flush and flow during procedures. Stopcock is removable.
Provides fluid control delivery through side arm tubing.
Angle of hub combined with large inner diameter side arm tubing provide superior flow.
PRELUDEEASE ® HYDROPHILIC SHEATH INTRODUCERS
The PreludeEASE Hydrophilic Sheath Introducers, combined with a variety of radial products,
accessories, and custom kit configurations, provide you with the options you need to.
- The PreludeEASE maintains a robust design that resists kinking while still providing a large inner diameter.
- With a slim profile and large inner diameter for increased device compatibility, the
PreludeEASE provides optimal dimensions without compromising integrity or performance.
For smooth and easy insertion leading to patient comfort.
Up to 30% less than leading competitor (6F data on file).
The PreludeEASE is coated to the tip of the sheath.
Variety of Sizes
Available in 4F-7F. Smaller sizes for patients with smaller radial arteries.
Larger sizes also available to facilitate both diagnostic and interventional procedures.
Kits are available with needles for single or double wall access techniques.
Guide Wire Options
Kits available with stainless steel spring coil, nitinol or stainless steel mandrel, or plastic jacketed guide wires providing options for your clinical practice.
Custom Kit Options
Merit can tailor kits to meet your clinical needs.
Discover more about the Merit MAK™ Guide Wires by reviewing the brochures and Instructions for Use.