Bringing Disinfection & Protection Together
The DualCap System™ is a uniquely designed disinfecting cap system for use on both the male luer connector at the end of the IV tubing and the needle-free valve. The DualCap System consists of two caps designed to help prevent intraluminal contamination, as well as device cross-contamination, especially important for IV catheter use over extended dwell times.1
- The DualCap System not only provides built-in disinfection, but protection that comes from a secure connection
- Both caps contain medical-grade sponges saturated with 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
- Both caps feature an easy-to-grasp, hold and twist tapered design that fits tightly and securely
- Designed by infusion nurses, for nurses the Light Blue and Dark Blue DualCap® contain 70% isopropyl alcohol to disinfect and protect IV connectors between uses
Easy & Convenient
- Durable IV Pole Strips™ are designed to withstand handling from the supply room to the bedside, supporting adherence and sterility efforts
- Each cap is individually attached and sealed to help prevent accidental opening, disinfectant loss, or contamination
Provides Rapid and Ongoing Protection at both IV Catheter Access Points
- In 30 seconds, the DualCap System™ disinfects the male luer connector and needle-free valve and provides a physical barrier to contamination for up to 7 days under normal conditions if not removed2
Integrates an Exclusive, Safety-Feature Design for Male Luer Connectors
- The only cap for male luer connectors that blocks 70% IPA from entering the patient’s bloodstream with a sealing cone that prevents it from entering the fluid path3
- Luer-tapered wall and full-threaded design ensure a secure fit on needle-free valves. Rod creates biasing force ensuring a tight seal against opening of the male luer connector.
Smooth and Easy to Handle
- Smooth surfaces prevent caps from snagging and protect skin from irritation. Large grip surface enables easy handling and attachment to IV connectors.
Request a Sample
- What is the predominant source of intravascular catheter infections? Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52(2):211-212.
- DualCap IV Pole Strips® Instructions for Use, 2016. Catheter Connections, Inc.
- Avomeen Analytical Services. Testing Report prepared for Catheter Connections, October 2013.
|Catalog Number||Product Family||Application||GS1||GTIN Unit||GTIN Carton||GTIN Shipper|
|001-300||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Needle-free Valves||00602||00884450006023||10884450006020||20884450006027|
|001-400||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Male Luer Connectors||00603||00884450006030||10884450006037||20884450006034|
|450-LB||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Needle-free Valves||00604||00884450006047||10884450006044||20884450006041|
|500-LB||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Needle-free Valves||00600||00884450006009||10884450006006||20884450006003|
|510-LB||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Needle-free Valves||00605||00884450006054||10884450006051||20884450006058|
|550-LB||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Needle-free Valves||00606||00884450006061||10884450006068||20884450006065|
|555-LB||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Needle-free Valves||00607||00884450006078||10884450006075||20884450006072|
|600-DB||DualCap IV Pole Strips||Disinfecting Caps for Male Luer Connectors||30937||00884450309377||10884450309374||20884450309371|
|610-DB||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Male Luer Connectors||00608||00884450006085||10884450006082||20884450006089|
|660-DB||DualCap||Disinfecting Caps for Male Luer Connectors||00609||00884450006092||10884450006099||20884450006096|