Features & Benefits
The Safeguard Radial™ Compression Device is a 26-cm long, self-adhesive wristband designed to assist hemostasis of the radial artery after a catheterization procedure and is not made with natural rubber latex. The band delivers adjustable compression of the radial puncture site with an inflatable bulb and standard Luer valve for easy inflation and deflation with any standard Luer syringe. A clear window allows better visualization of the puncture site and the size and shape of the bulb minimizes compression of surrounding nerve structures or other areas. The cloth wristband offers greater patient comfort and fits securely around the wrist. The Safeguard Radial is packaged individually, sterile, single use only. Sold in boxes of 10 units.
The Safeguard Radial adds to Merit Medical’s growing portfolio of products designed to support hemostasis following radial approach procedures.
- Focuses compression only on the radial artery where you want it
- Puncture site clearly visible for visual assessment
- Stable positioning of bulb for optimal compression, not occlusion
- Non-woven textile band for patient comfort
- No rigid plastic edges
- Low profile design
Convenient & Easy
- One size fits all, easily adjusted to any wrist size
- Uses standard Luer lock syringe, no need for special syringe
- Easy to monitor distal and proximal pulses to ensure patent hemostasis is achieved
- Easy inflation and deflation
Discover more about the Safeguard Radial™ Compression Device by reviewing the brochures and Instructions for Use.