The Prelude ACT™ (Activated Clotting Time) sheaths are part of Merit’s comprehensive family of vascular access products. These half-size sheaths allow easy blood draw through sheath side arm with or without catheters in place. The ACT sheaths accommodate a variety of catheters and other interventional devices to meet your clinical needs.
Features & Benefits
Help facilitate smooth insertion into vessel.
Minimizes blood leakage during procedure. Facilitates insertion and withdrawal of devices.
Match standard French sizing for easy identification.
Snap Fit Dilator
Eliminates slipping during insertion. Easy to grasp surface with an audible snap.
Rotating Suture Ring
Rotates around device. Smooth surface. Large suture opening.
Easy to grip handle facilitates flush and aspiration.
Keeps all components secure, especially the guide wire. Components
can be flushed while in the holster. All Prelude Sheaths are packaged in the holster
(except Prelude Short Sheaths and PreludeEASETM Hydrophilic Sheaths).
Multiple guide wire options to meet your procedural needs.
All 0.035” (0.89mm) and 0.038” (0.97mm) guide wires are stainless steel,
double ended (3mmJ and straight floppy).
Custom Kit Options
Merit can tailor kits to meet your clinical needs.
THE PRELUDE FAMILY OF SHEATH INTRODUCERS
A comprehensive product line offering excellent transitions, smooth insertion,
custom kit configurations and more to meet your clinical needs.
PRELUDE ® SHEATH INTRODUCERS
The Prelude PSI sheath introducers are made from polyethylene tubing that offers kink resistance during insertion and use.
PRELUDEPRO ® SHEATH INTRODUCERS
Polypropylene (PRO) sheath tubing offers increased resilience and additional support during procedure.
PRELUDEACT ® ACT SHEATH INTRODUCERS
The Prelude ACT (Activated Clotting Time) sheaths allow easy blood draw from the side arm – with or without a catheter in place. These half size sheaths are made from polypropylene tubing and have the same great properties as the other Prelude sheaths.
Large Inner Diameter Sheath Tubing
- Kink resistant, flexible and radiopaque.
- Facilitates pressure readings, flush and aspirations.
PRELUDE ® MARKER TIP SHEATH INTRODUCERS
Highly radiopaque marker provides increased visibility of the sheath tip when using fluoroscopy
PRELUDE ® RADIAL (MINI ACCESS) SHEATH INTRODUCERS
- Facilitates sheath placement using a small needle (21G or 20G) and small guide wire (0.018”/0.46mm or 0.025”/0.64mm).
- Product is packaged with needle, guide wire, sheath and dilator.
- Excellent for radial, brachial and femoral use.
- Facilitates smooth entry into patient and vessel.
- Resists kinking during insertion.
- Dilators are available with 0.018” (0.46mm) and 0.025” (0.64mm) tip tapers.
PRELUDE SHEATH INTRODUCERS WITH MERIT ADVANCE® ANGIOGRAPHIC NEEDLE
Provides access needle with sheath introducer, dilator and guide wire.
MERIT ADVANCE® ANGIOGRAPHIC NEEDLE
- Unique hub design with ergonomic feel and reference point to orient bevel.
- Bevel design with improved sharpness facilitates entry into tissue and vessel walls.
PRELUDE ® SHORT SHEATH INTRODUCERS
- Provides access to dialysis fistulas and grafts.
- Can be used for declot, angioplasty, and thrombolysis procedures.
- Can also be used for temporary hemodialysis; will accommodate flow rates up to 600mL/min.
Radiopaque Marker Tip
Improves visibility of sheath tip to clearly and easily identify where sheath is within fistula, graft or vessel.
Excellent Tip Transitions
Facilitates smooth insertion, even through tough skin or grafts.
Large Bore Stopcocks
Allows for increased aspiration, flush and flow during procedures. Stopcock is removable.
Provides fluid control delivery through side arm tubing.
Angle of hub combined with large inner diameter side arm tubing provide superior flow.
Discover more about the Prelude ACT™ Sheath Introducer by reviewing the brochures and Instructions for Use.