One of the risks of vascular access is the inadvertent vascular puncture of the posterior wall, side branches, and veins. It can lead to increased hemorrhagic risk in anticoagulated patients, hematoma, or pseudoaneurysm. Because this is such a common problem for clinicians and their patients, this year’s VIVA (Vascular Interventional Advances) meeting is including a Quality Improvement Call to Action on ultrasound-guided vascular access that includes sessions on micropuncture technique.
Merit Medical invites VIVA attendees to visit our booth to learn more about the Merit MAK™ and S-MAK™ mini access kits designed to support micropuncture technique. These mini access kits for the percutaneous placement of 0.035″ (0.89 mm) or 0.038″ (0.97 mm) guide wires include
- 21G, smaller needle to minimize trauma and bleeding
- 4 cm, 7cm and 9 cm lengths
- Standard MDX coating reduces insertion force and drag
- Echo-enhanced tip option
- Stainless steel and Nitinol mandrel core wires
- Tip options: stainless steel, platinum or palladium
- 40 cm, 60 cm and 80 cm lengths
- 0.018” diameter
- Excellent transitions from dilator to introducer
- Smooth insertion
- 4F-5F sizes
- 10 cm and 15 cm lengths
- Excellent transitions from wire to dilator
- MAK for all applicable vascular access sites.
- S-MAK has a stiffened dilator for placement in scar tissue, tougher skin, calcified or diseased vessels, or obese patients.
GUIDE WIRE ALIGNMENT DEVICE
- BowTie™ offers an elegant solution to the problem of aligning micro guide wires with devices for quick and easy insertion.
We’re looking forward to seeing you at VIVA November 4-7 at the Wynn in Las Vegas. Until then, you can find more information on Merit’s extensive line of products for vascular access on merit.com.